The Doodle Project, LLC runs one of the largest stable ActivityPub relays in the #fediverse! We're glad you're here.
First and foremost, The Doodle Project, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason whatsoever, including no reason at all. That said, here are the guidelines we are using to manage the Open Activity Pub relay we offer.
- Talk to us - you can start a DM with (at)derek(at)toot.thedoodleproject.net if you have questions.
- Any instance that causes an influx of user generated content that appears to be in the form of hate speech, harassment, bullying, porn, Naziism, white power, illegal things (according to the laws of The United States), doxing, fake accounts of companies or famous people, and fascism, will be removed if/when it is discovered.
- We make every effort to screen the relay instances, but it IS an open relay - that is its intent and purpose - to connect people. When we look at instances, we're looking for:
- Server rules that match our values and expectations (see point 2 above).
- A clear indicator of who the admin is, and we might reach out to say hello and see if they'd like to help support the relay (not required) via a tip.
In order to join the relay, please send a DM to (at)derek(at)toot.thedoodleproject.net. Please include in your message:
- Your name.
- Your instance URL so I can authorize it.
- An acknowledgment that you understand the above guidelines.
I'll add you as fast as I can. Please consider helping fund the relay. A monthly payment of ~$1 (plus taxes) via credit card can be done here. You can also Venmo us (at)thedoodleproject. All proceeds fund exactly this project. This is NOT required, and I won't nag you, just support us if you can!
We cannot monitor everything - in fact, we don't even try. If you use our relay are getting lots of content in your federated timeline that you find objectionable, first, stop and consider:
- Is it EVERY account from that instance? If it's just a few users, just block/mute/report them.
- If it IS every account that you see, and it fits in with the point #2 above grossness:
- DM Derek with the domain name.
- Derek will look for server rules and admin indicator on the instance in question
- We'll discuss if there are other options
- Derek and The Doodle Project will make a determination, at its sole discretion, whether to block the instance.