These are my terms of service.
- I follow these principles of reasonableness with regard to bandwidth and storage.
- All solutions include 5 days of backup at no additional cost unless otherwise specified.
- I don't care what you do with the service, but I can see it if I need to, and I definitely do keep logs. Break my rules or the law and it won't be pretty for you.
- I don't offer an SLA. I do good at being available and not losing data, but if I have to take an outage or something breaks, the most you can get from me is what you paid and only if you're very nice.
- Refunds are only available for the current billing period if specified. Some services are billed annually, others are monthly. Some might even say "no refunds" because it costs money to set up.
- I don't have to offer anything to anyone. Therefore, I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason whatsoever, including having a bad day.
- This is a hobby of mine to make a little money on the side. However, I have excellent lawyers and they cost a lot of money. Piss me off and they'll come knocking.
- I can terminate you for any reason at any time. If I decide to terminate you, you may or may not get notice. If you are getting terminated, you might get the most recent backup if you're very nice.
- I don't spam you.
- I don't sell your data. In fact, in most places, I can't even see your data. Where I can see your data, I'm the only one that has access to it.
- If you see something hosted by my system that's bad, email email@example.com and we can get the lawyers involved right quick.
- I don't phish, steal, corrupt, etc. If you fill out a form, I'm storing that data for the purpose of providing you a service.
- If you upload data to or use my service in any way, you do so at your own risk. See ToS above.
- If lawyers or the man comes knocking, they are totally getting your stuff. It may be useful to them, it may not (cause it's encrypted where possible and I don't keep the keys, you do (where possible)).